India is truly a country of multifaceted culture and tradition. The colors of the nation comprise a number of religions, communities and races. The tourist attractions in India are, therefore, varied and numerous in nature. However, although the tour to India and its tourist destinations will take a considerable amount of time, the tourist sites near India are equally charming and demand due exploration, attracting huge numbers of tourists from far and wide.
- Nepal The various beautiful tourist sites near India, neighboring the country are Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, China, Myanmar, and Maldives. Nepal, located at the foot of the Himalayas, enclosing the Tibetan Plateau, and occupying as much as 800 km east to west, is ruled by the king. Patan, Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, Changu Narayan, Lumbini, Janakpur are the main centers of attraction in this country.
Nestled amid Tibet to the north, Indian states of Assam and West Bengal to the south, Arunachal Pradesh to the east and Sikkim to the west, the country of Bhutan offers fine tourist attractions like Laya, Thimphu, Bumthang, Paro, Phobjika Valley, Sakteng Wildlife Sanctuary and Trashigang.
- Bangladesh's Bangladesh, a land of lots of greenery and marshlands, is a blob of beauty in the Bay of Bengal. The trip to Sunderbans from here is extremely thrilling and Dhaka, Chittagong, Bogra and Sylhet are the major cities to be visited here.
- Pakistan Pakistan, on the north east of India, was actually born out of India herself and so, reflects a lot of similarity with its parent country. Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Lahore, Karachi, Quetta, Peshawar and Multan are the main cities of this country and they offer plenty of tourist attractions to quench your wanderlust. The cuisine consisting of biriyani and mutton chaap is simply delicious and reminds you of the Indian kitchen.
- China China, located to the north of India, is a country of rich past and deep rooted civilization. Visits to the Great Wall, Terra Cotta Worriors, Shangri-La, Shangai, Xian and the capital city of Beijing will prove worthwhile.
- Sri Lanka The erstwhile Ceylon, the country of Sri Lanka is located amid the crystal waters of the Indian Ocean. Plenty of Hindu temples, mosques, churches, museums and art galleries attract the attention and interest of tourers here. The century-old Clock Tower, the British colonial buildings, the old Parliament in Fort, and the several Buddhist and Hindu temples and the cities of Anuradhapura, Galle, Hikkaduwa, Kandy and Sigiriya are some of the main attractions here.
- Maldives The country of 1190 islands, Maldives, is situated beyond the eastern part of India. A lovely place with exotic beaches, the country is predominantly an Islamic nation, offering several historical and religious landmarks as sightseeing options.
- Myanmar Myanmar, again towards the eastern stretches of India, has Yangon, Bago, Kyaiktiyo, Pagoda, Pyay, Bagan & Monywa as prime tourist attractions. The pagodas and monasteries and the picturesque beauty of the place draw several tourists from far and near.
Log on to www.touristplacesinindia.com which gives online information about Tourist Sites near India, booking for India travel tours, tour packages etc.